QA and update

All prints go through some basic quality assurance before posting - in this case, checking the prints for warping with a straight edge. I also try and spot bits missing/incomplete and random print errors. You will find occasional diagonal lines on prints - this occurs on virtually every print, so is unavoidable, but is easily dealt with with a few seconds and some sandpaper. There may be other minor errors too, this home-level technology is a few years away from being able to churn out perfect units every time. We wouldn't want these kits to be too easy to assemble!


As an aside, we are experiencing some printer reliability issues (I just have the one, and the poor thing has been running 24 hours a day for the last week), so please bear with me if things are being a bit slow! The production rate is 2 a day, if the prints go perfectly, though I have just switched to a green resin which prints faster, so this may get better as I learn more about my equipment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winding up production (CAD and design still going!)

Future manufacturing

Custom work